Reminiscing the days at 66, Mohakhali
Dreams are quite an interesting thing? Its because of them we try new things, new places, take on new challenges. Everyone’s dreams originate from someplace or another, mine was from the raised silver letters on the brick-red building, standing proudly at 66,Mohakhali.That’s where one of my many dreams started; from wanting to be one of the many students crossing the streets, to be able to call that brick-red building my University. 66,Mohakhali was the address of my dream, a dream that the shy 8th grader in me kept to herself until she was brave enough to blurt it out. And now that we’re well past the day I stepped out of the famous brick building and crossed the road for the last time, I think it’s time that I blurt out another flurry of memories into writings, memory fades but words don’t. There is a part of me that wants to keep 66 Mohakhali alive somewhere.
The night before the first day at BracU, I was really excited. I couldn’t sleep all night and was thinking about how I'm gonna make so much friends and have fun. But reality was far different from my imaginations. I was actually really nervous that day. With sweaty palms, I looked meek and scared. But fortunately, the faculties and other fresher like me was extremely nice towards me, they made me feel at ease. I was still a bit nervous, but I was finally able to enjoy that day with a bold smile. That day will be always be one of the most memorable days of my life.
My father was one who picked me up that day, we clicked some pictures for the memory. I still look at those photo and think how much I’ll miss the old brick-red building at Mohakhali.
Fast forward to next few months, the classes were really good, our teachers were very welcoming and conducive and everyday was quite fun. In the break time, I was usually at the cafeteria with my friends and and when alone I was in the library. The chaotic cafeteria was something to talk about. In the early mornings, it was unbelievably quiet, everyone was either sleepy, drinking coffee and snacks, chatting a little bit, minding their own business. But the same things became much louder a few hours later. Every was laughing, chatting, playing loudly, someone was always playing guitar, singing songs, the soft music was blessing to ears everyone was humming with it. I never thought I would experience this kind of joy, my eyes were twinkling the whole time. But that place of joy was now moving to another location. Life is really unexpected, isn't it? One of my favorite movie is called ‘Forrest Gump', there was a dialogue “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get.” That words finally hit me, I really could understand now what they meant by that.
Now it feels like the very first day I came here, I am nervous, anxious about how I will feel in the new campus, will it still feel the same? I don’t know the answer, but one thing I know I will miss it wholeheartedly. I'm sure I will love the new campus too, but will surely miss the old one.
The smell of books in that cozy library, the lemon tea stand and the bookstore behind building 2,those amazing street foods in front of building 6, the chaotic cafeterias, I will miss everything. It feels a little strange that from now on, when hopping on the bus, my mind will wait for another destination other than 66,Mohakhali.
I guess this is it but I'm forever thankful for letting me experience a lot of amazing things and meet some amazing people in such a short time in this wonderful place which was once my second habitat.
Keeping the memories, I look forward to meet each other again. The place is changing, I hope the bonds won't.
by
Fayza Humaira Azim [ID: 23203052] and Feehima Jannat [ID: 23203023]
Eng101, Section 25
ID

Comments
Post a Comment